Silver Bay Lending offers a variety of mortgage calculators for New York home buyers and homeowners who are in the market for a loan. This article provides an overview of the mortgage calculators we offer on our site, and how they can help you with your budgeting and planning.
How much will my mortgage payments be each month? How much of a house can I afford to buy? How much income do I need to qualify for a mortgage loan in New York?
These are some of the most common questions home buyers and homeowners have about mortgage financing. Fortunately, we offer several budgeting and mortgage calculators to help you answer these and other important questions.
Overview of New York Mortgage Calculators
You’ll find more than a dozen different calculators on our site. They are designed to help you in your research and budgeting process. Here’s a quick overview of some of the most useful calculators for New York home buyers and homeowners who need mortgage financing.
- Monthly Payments: There are a lot of mortgage payment calculators available online. But many are limited in the sense that they only allow certain basic parameters, like the loan amount and term. We offer New York home buyers and homeowners a more advanced monthly payment calculator. It allows you to calculate your payments more accurately, by including variables such as home insurance, property taxes, and mortgage insurance.
- Affordability: How much can you borrow for a mortgage loan in New York? This calculator allows you to calculate the amount you can afford to borrow in much the same way that a lender would calculate it. You can enter multiple income sources, as well as your various monthly debts.
- Income Needed: Your monthly income is one of the primary factors that will determine how much you can borrow, in the form of a mortgage loan. This calculator will give you some idea of how much you need to earn to buy a home in New York, based on the price of the home and other important factors.
- Mortgage principal: This helpful calculator allows you look “into the future” to see how much principal you’ll owe after making regular payments for several months or years. This tool is particularly helpful for long-term budgeting and retirement planning purposes.
- Other calculators: In addition to the mortgage-related calculators listed above, we offer New York residents other helpful tools as well. These include a rent-versus-buy calculator, refinance savings estimators, and tools to help you decide between different types of home loans.
Our Loan Officers Are Ready to Help
We believe in educating and empowering our customers. We publish a steady stream of articles and tutorials on our website, to help you keep up with current mortgage and housing trends. We also provide a variety of tools, including the New York mortgage calculators mentions above, to give you more insight into the lending process.
All of these resources are helpful in their own ways. But the best way to learn about your mortgage financing options is to speak with a knowledgable loan officer. Our experts have in-depth knowledge of the various mortgage options available to New York home buyers and homeowners. Please contact us with any questions you have.